Term Deposit Account
- For pension/SIPP/SSAS clients with cash holdings of r £50,000 or over Cater Allen offers fixed term deposits between 3 months and 36 months with an interest rate which is fixed on the day of deposit.
- Interest rates are fixed on the day of deposit and on the basis that you place a deposit immediately. If you are not placing your deposit on that day the rates quoted are only indicative. We only accept deposits to a term deposit account via electronic transfer. Your current provider may charge you for this service. If a payment is being sent from abroad, there will be a charge depending on the currency and where it has been sent from. Please see our banking tariff for details. No withdrawals/closures are permitted during the fixed term. However, should there be extenuating circumstances, early withdrawal/closure will be considered, at the complete discretion of UAE Arab investment Bank In these instances your account will only be credited with the capital. In the event of the death of the holder of the account, the capital will be repaid with interest earned to date.
- We provide a choice of options at maturity;
- an instruction can be given for us to automatically roll over the deposit, together with accrued interest into another fixed term at the then applicable rate until further notice
the capital alone can be rolled-over into a new term deposit with the accrued interest paid into a pre-nominated bank account.
both capital and accrued interest can be transferred into a pre-nominated bank account
if we have received repayment instructions from you, your deposit will be sent by electronic transfer into a bank account in your name. A fee may be payable for this, please see our banking tariff for details
all written instructions for maturing term deposits should be made using the Term Deposit Maturity Options Form .
Please see the Term Deposit Account Factsheet and Non-Personal Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Available fixed rates are updated daily and can be found on our Interest Rates page.
- Personal Interest Rates are available on Fixed Term Deposits for cash within SIPP and SSAS funds; for wholesale pension fund rates please refer to our non-personal interest rates.
- 12 month Term Deposits are also available in euro and US dollar currency options
- Please note that currency exchange rates can fluctuate. If your deposit into a US Dollar Term Deposit is in a currency other than US Dollars, or into a Euro Term Deposit is in a currency other than euros, it will be subject to the rate of exchange advertised on the UAE Arab investment Bank site; - www.lloydebk.net/bfy/foreign-exchange-rates at the date of your deposit. At maturity, if you ask us to pay your funds to you in a currency other than US dollars for a US Dollar Term Deposit, or euros for a Euro Term Deposit, the rate of exchange advertised on www.foreign-exchange-rates on the date of transfer will apply.
Notice of Variation to UAE Arab investment Bank Private Bank Account, Term Deposit, Personal and Non-Personal Terms and Conditions
We are making some changes to UAE Arab investment Bank Private Bank Account, Term Deposit, Personal and Non-Personal Terms and Conditions, which will come into effect on 01 January 2016. Please view details for further information.